Interdisciplinary Studies 16 – Fiction Writing for Avatars
Interdisciplinary Studies 17 – Photography with Avatars
Interdisciplinary Studies 18 – Avatar Design
Interdisciplinary Studies 19 – World Building for Avatars
These 4 courses will meet concurrently and work together to tell Avatar Stories. We will use the 2 avatars I have created, “Paris Avatar” and “Sydney Avatar”. I’ve chosen unisex names for them so that their identity can be malleable to the stories each learner chooses to tell.
• 4 Sundays: May 17, 24, 31, June 7.
• Noon – 2pm SLT
• May 17 at my studio, Maria-14
• May 24, 31 & June 7 at Collaborateopolis, Maria-5
By having Writers, Photographers, Avatar Designers, and World Builders meet concurrently, I hope there can be a robust interaction of ideas. Not to tell a single narrative. But to allow participating learners to tell as many narratives as they choose. Hopefully this cross-pollination will generate unique narratives that nonetheless have some overlap as they create a robust storyworld for Paris & Sydney.
A photographer might be inspired to create an image because of the way someone has designed or outfitted an avatar body. A writer might construct events inspired by a setting someone has created. And so on.
Organizational meeting. Meet your classmates. Make plans. Passwords for Paris Avatar & Sydney Avatar passed out to enrolled learners.
May 24 & 31 & June 7
Share work and plan for next round of activity.
• Writers should aim for 500 – 900 words so that we will be able to read pieces during class.
• Photographers can post to our Flickr group flickr.com/groups/explorations.
• Avatar Designers can bring Paris & Sydney to class. They can change appearances during class, and can also post images on Flickr for class discussion.
• World Builders can rez Furniture, Sets, and other creations at their own studios or at MU-Collaborateopolis.
• Everyone can post ideas, sketches, finished pieces, to their blogs and/or to our flickr group
Leave a comment below! And let me know if you’re interested in Writing, Photography, Avatar Design or World Building.
• The Lovers, 1928, oil on canvas, 54 x 73 cm, René Magritte (Belgian, 1898–1967) Museum of Modern Art, New York
• Lovers-1975 by Roger Sadler
4 thoughts on “Interdisciplinary Studies 16, 17, 18, 19 – Explorations with Avatars”
I am very interested! puttin it on my calendar now
This sounds like a great idea! I’m looking forward it.
Comments are closed.